Where We Once Worked
Connecticut Natural Gas Corporation’s customer newsletter documents the planned implosion of the company’s former headquarters on Columbus Boulevard in Hartford in 2001. CNG’s offices are now across the river, in East Hartford.
Before there was a Berkshire Gas Company, there was the Pittsfield Coal Gas Company, founded in 1853 to serve the growing Western Massachusetts city. A century later, in 1954, it merged with the Berkshire Gas Company and adopted its name. It’s still located in Pittsfield.